Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Booking the Flight

I met with a parent who will very likely be coming with us. One thing that I realized talking with her is that actually booking the flight will be a non-trivial undertaking.

Passports and immunizations and coming up with the money--these are all things that each of us can do individually. But when it comes time to book the flight, we will want to have all of us on the same plane, and that means either all getting together some evening or else giving all the money to one person and having them book everybody at once. I favor this second choice...and I'd be happier if it were somebody with more experience traveling than I have. (I realized the last time I was on an airliner was before any of the kids coming on this trip were born!)

Just something to think about. Comment if you have thoughts, or email me at northampton DOT peter AT gmail DOT com.

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend using Mennonite Travel Service for the group booking. They are uber-experienced with international groups, and are very helpful and responsive. My agent is named Lou Thayaril, and I do all my business with him via email -- lout@mtstravel.com

    ReplyDelete